Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Whew....Laundry

Yes, this will probably be a boring bl0g! But goodness sake, I started laundry at 10am and just finished folding at 9:40pm. That was 12 loads and one more to go! But they all still need to be put away. What a waste of a day since I absolutely hate laundry! So that's that!

Other than the laundry increase in this household since Jesse came home to us, there has also been a food increase. I live life by 2 weeks with food, so here are some examples of what we went through in our 2 weeks: 9 gallons of milk, 4 boxes of cereal (just my kind..but I see Jesse has taken a liking to), 8 pounds of hamburger, 6 loaves of bread, and I won't even get into the beer. The milk scared me the most since I could get away with buying 3 gallons every 2 weeks. I guess those days are over.... I am sure some of you are scared by the beer, not by the milk! He has been trying different flavors, it's almost like he forgot what they taste like...or so he says! Jesse now laughs when Aiden not only hands him a beer, but a frosty mug to go with it! ( For all of you a bit worried right now....we do not just sit around and drink beer....we also have daiquiris too! And yes, I am joking!)

I am so excited for next week when Kelly and Darrin come out to visit! It will be fun to have them around for a few days. Jesse will be gone all week at Fort Riley, Kansas to sign over his inventory since he will be changing out of Command soon! So I am hoping that Jesse makes it home in time before K and D get here. I was hoping to go with Jesse to Riley since Leavenworth is only 2 hours away and I wanted to look at the house we are renting in person.....but we can't go with him since they are staying in the barracks and not a normal hotel! A normal trip to Riley was where they stayed in a hotel and could eat at a resturant. Now they have to ride a bus, sleep in the barracks, and eat at the chow hall. Funding is very tight with all the change that was voted for.... So we will not be staying with him during that time!! I am bummed since I am sending him alone to our new house to check it out! He will have to take tons of pictures...

1 comment:

Shelly Pagel said...

12 loads! Dang girl, did you wash everything in sight? : ) The fun of being a mom/wife...