Yes, we have a dramatic bug issue in every state we move to. Here's our latest and greatest!
The chiggers came about since we have a push mower with his huge lawn and it takes hours to mow. Well after mowing one day, Jesse came in the house with itchy bumps all over his waist and in his arm pits. Exactly where chiggers tend to crawl up on you, bite you, lay their lovely eggs in your skin, and fall off you. It has taken Jesse weeks to feel better from these bites and after talking to the neighbors and being informed that you have to spray your lawn to make sure they don't infest your skin cells...I haven't let Jesse mow since!
The spider issue was more of a "oh what the hell is that moment!" I went down to check on Taylor while she was sleeping and before I went to bed. I noticed on her curtain that there was a strange looking spider-long knobby legs, a violin shape on it's body.....I instantly yelled for Jesse to come down and assess the situation. He walked right up to it, put his face close up and said...."I have no idea what that is". He then picked up Taylor's coloring book and killed it! And that was it for him..back to bed...Me not so much! I bagged up the spider and started researching online and of course what I found wasn't the best news. A random bug man happened to stop at our house 2 days later and asked if we were having any issues. I told him to hang on a second while I went to find my bag with the spider. I came back out to the front and nearly scared the man silly while I asked him what this was! He was shocked that I was holding a dead, of course, brown recluse. SO, we had them come out and spray while we were gone for the 4th and came home to a basement full of dead spiders. GROSS!!
The main reason I bring up this subject is due to the fact that today Taylor had her horse riding lesson. Her instructor Amy was limping when we walked in. I asked Amy what was the matter and she informed me that while putting on her jeans, she was bit by a Brown Recluse and her leg is starting to eat herself, as she put it. Horrible! I cannot bear to put a picture of the gross thing on my blog, so I will not attach a link. When bitten by this spider, your flesh starts eating away at itself. A good friend of ours in Flight School got bit by one and was in the hospital for a week! So here's my point...especially to my MIL who thinks I make the kids scared of bugs....I welcome all creatures, just not ones that can put a hole in your leg!
I should add for all of our company coming within the next few weeks..I do not want to scare you away! The problem is taken care of and no need to worry! I would not live in this house if it was a problem! Oh, can I just live in a state where things aren't trying to kill you or eat away your flesh by bug bite! So I feel as if I have it beat with the grass sprayed and the house terminated! All children and dog safe..no worries!
2 comments:
Todd watched a show on Animal Planet about brown recluse spider bites and spent the rest of the night twitching and writhing in bed, and swatting at imaginary spiders. Now, he will not let the bed covers touch the floor because he is certain one of those spiders is going to climb on him. I will not have him read your blog.
Ha! That's great=) Tell Todd that from the knowledge I have, they aren't likely to be in the MN area. But I could be wrong!! Trust me, I wasn't sleeping well for a very long time. They are nasty, nasty things. Felt like the devil was in our home! I will keep on spraying, that's forsure!
Post a Comment