Jessica, my oldest and dearest friend from High School, made the drive here this weekend with her daughter Kylie. We had a great time hanging out with the kids and catching up. She is currently pregnant with her 3rd child and I am sure we probably scared her silly with the going-ons of this household! Kylie is now 3 and her oldest son stayed home at home with her husband, Adam. We did a little shopping, showed her Post, and all the local prisons! All that Leavenworth has to offer=) Thank you Jess for making the drive to see us. We had a great time and I am so glad it worked out before your due date in December. It was really fun to have you over to my house for once! I have had a great summer of seeing several of our friends and family. Makes me want to move back to Minnesota for good!
The kids are doing well with PreSchool. They are learning so much each day. Taylor's class has a Spanish teacher that comes in a few times a week. The other day while she was getting dressed, she started listing off all of the colors of her clothes in Spanish! I was floored as I listened to her. I wish I would of started Spanish that young since I had to take 3 years of it in college and it was hard. Ask Jesse about his Spanish class sometime..it's a good laugh=) Aiden is adjusting to school life and is liking being around other kids. He had a day this week where he became upset over a toy and ended up getting a bit in trouble from the teacher. It was a good learning experience for him! He now tells me he will never get in trouble again at school! And my response was "Good...but how about at home too?!" Gavin has given up his "paci"! It has been going well. The first 2 weeks were a bit rough around nap/bedtime, but now he has taken to sleeping with stuffed animal Curious George. He calls him George and loves him to pieces! What a big boy he is now. Next is potty training..I have to gear up for that stage again!
Jesse is off on another trip today with the General. He will be able to stop back in on Tuesday, but they fly back out on Wednesday for the rest of the week. Next week looks just as busy! He was able to attend church with us today, in full uniform as he was heading out the second it was over! Not to bad to look at if you ask me! We are trying to figure out our next duty station already with talks of moving as early as 2 months...as late as 8 months! Our nightly chats consist of duty stations, jobs, deployments, schools, homes, and stress! I tell you, I should just never unpack! So a few months back I blogged about being able to settle for 3 years and have family time....yeah I guess I was kidding! Life changes fast in this household.
No comments:
Post a Comment