Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Flu Anyone?

That's all I have to offer this week!
Currently, I have 3 of the 4 out for the count.
Taylor and Aiden started at the same time with Gavin starting last night.
It's been a fun filled few days with constant throwing up and me running from kid to kid. Meanwhile, trying to keep the fast crawling baby away from the all the germs.
She finds the kids more interesting than her toys.

Last night, in between all the running back and forth to the bathroom with each child,
I didn't realize that every phone we own...ran out of juice.
My cell phone just turned off, the house phones were just laying in the kitchen...right next to each other...both blinking blank.
I had called my parents around 6pm, leaving a message about the current state of flu in our house and how Jesse had left for work at 4am and still wasn't available.
My poor mother had tried to call back many of times.
At 3am, the house phone finally rang and Jesse ran to it as fast as possible.
We all know that a phone call in the middle of the night sends your mind racing.
Sorry Mom for your hours wonder/panic and lack of sleep.
Thank goodness you called one more time before having the MP's make a house call!

Every couch is manned, every TV is on.
Please let this pass through our house fast.
As the baby already bit through her upper lip on Saturday,
while she was testing her new skills of standing/holding the window ledge.
I was left without a car and had to run 3.5 miles to the ER.
At least, I was able to get a workout in=).

No comments: