My new found freedom brought by the school year has taken my blogging skills away! I find myself running around town like a crazy woman...just excited to be walking the isles with only one child. The grocery store has brought a whole new level of happiness compared to my summer fun with 4 in tow.
The kids are all enjoying school. Everyone has adapted well to their new teachers and friends. Blake is enjoying being the only child during the school hours. It is going to be hard for me to not spoil the heck out of her. I have never had an 18 month old without a newborn. I am finding that the quietness of nap time is making my ears ring and I walk around the house like a chicken with my head cut off....wondering why no one has asked me for snack all day long. It is going to take my mind some time to come down from the last 8 years!
The bus stop is my adult interaction of the day. It has taken some of these ladies 3 years to finally click about the ages of our triple-back children. It was like a light bulb went off on the first day of school when I was standing at the bus stop yet again to pick up a Kindergartner! (Rules are a parent has to be present for the Kindergartners to get off the bus) So we all had a good giggle that I had to be there 3 years in a role! Let me tell you that on Parent/Teacher night, they only offered 2 sessions for K-2.....and of course, I had 3 teachers to make the rounds to!
Jesse is crazy busy with his job. His hours are long(commute included) and we really look forward to eating dinner together as a family on the weekends. Long talks have started about where we will be moving to in June. HRC (Headquarters) have presented us with our options. Now it is just based on timing and deployment schedules. This is the first move where I feel I don't have much input (not in a bad way) due to the complexity of Jesse's job. Every action has some sort of reaction...both positive and negative...I trust fully that Jesse will lead us in the right direction, as always. I just start to dread another deployment. But in that same sentence, I have to remind myself that we have lived in a wonderful non-deployment bubble for the last three years. And we are due for one....unfortunately. 3rd time...no biggie right?!! Ha!
Auntie Laura was just here for a quick visit on her way to PA for work. We had another great 24 hours together before she left the house at 4am this morning. I really do enjoy the time with my blonde sister. My Dad flies in soon for his annual fishing trip with my Uncle Greg. With our countdown clock ticking away ( and yes, it starts a year out!) I will really miss these drop-ins from family. We are very fortunate to have them!
1 comment:
Hooray for freedom!!!
Post a Comment