So I will just update!
Aiden: If the Mayo Clinic would've provided me with a huge plastic bubble with breathing holes, I think it would've been a lot better than the fear we live in daily. His spleen is hanging on by a thread. If any person should bump, accident hit, or cause trauma to the left side of his body…we will find ourselves back in the hospital. Surgery would be the first option since the only reason they haven't taken the spleen out as of yet; is the fact that kids tend to heal the spleen faster than adults. And for a productive, bacterial, normal red/white blood cell body count for our young man….it's better to keep the spleen in and pray for healing.
His new teacher is a nervous wreck, the school nurse is on standby, and I just have found a way to live in a new current state of anxiety. All has been going well so far and that is all I can ask for in this situation. The accident was scary, him being airlifted was the scariest experience of my life, the ICU was even more freaky, and the extra days in the hospital were hard. BUT…..16 weeks of a walking Aiden seems to be the hardest challenge of all. He hasn't stopped long enough since birth to sit and now he has no choice. It's been interesting…to say the least. Legos and the iPad are a hit!
Jesse: I wish I could also put him in a plastic bubble…no, a bullet proof bubble….with breathing holes, of course. They are in the midst of training. The next 6 weeks, he is in JRTC. And then upon arrival back home, I am unable to talk about what is next. But. Yeah. Anxiety.
Me: I have gone backwards in my healing. The 22 hour drive home left me in a massive state of pain. I sucked it up and gave it all for my sister's wedding. I danced, drank, and was merry all day long. It took me 4 days to come back to life after that wonderful event. But boy, was it worth it! I mean, it is my sister after all. What better reason than that! As we were gearing up for Jesse's brother's wedding, Aiden took a fall of the 4-wheeler. Quickly our plans changed for the wedding. I forced Jesse out of the ICU room to attend the groomsupper….then my Mom and ICU nurse forced me out of the door to the wedding. It was a beautiful event. But so hard to focus when you know your child is laying in a hospital bed bleeding internally. Aiden was in the hospital for 6 days which made us late for Jesse's return back here. We then, had to all get back into the car and drive the 22 hours back.
I quickly rushed to Target to buy picked over school supplies. We were given the last pre-school slot for Blake and the bus showed up to start 4th, 3rd, and 2nd grade! I am keeping up with my pain appointments here at Drum. But all they do is throw drugs at me. It is discouraging and absolutely frustrating. But, I have 4 people to take care of and I need to function.
My parents are heading out this way next week for my Dad's annual Canadian fishing trip. My Uncles will pick him up on the way as my Mom will be spending some time with me during the first part of her retirement!
I have many pictures to share on here. Just need time to go through them all. I owned a wonderful camera which never made it in the truck on our way to MN. I left it sitting in our pile of bags outside the back of the truck. Jesse was packing up late that night in the dark. I believe my black camera case with an extra lens rolled into the grass. We left so early the next am that it was still dark. It is gone as I am sure the new owner has deleted all my pictures and is enjoying their new….free….expensive camera. But. Aiden is alive and moving. The other 3 kids are healthy and happy. I am on drugs. And Jesse is playing Army. Material things mean nothing in the grand scheme of life!
Thank you for all your continued love and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment