Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Year

Today marks one year since my husband arrived home from Iraq! ONE YEAR!
I have been smiling all day thinking back to that glorious day. My heart just fills with warmth and I look at him sitting next to me with such thankfulness/gratefulness every day.
I remember how slow the 15 months went while he was away. How I waited minute by minute for his return.
I also know how fast the minutes go when he is home.
We are very blessed to have this time together as a family. My thoughts go out to friends who are spending this Thanksgiving Day without the presence of their soldier. I look forward to their wonderful homecoming and say a special prayer for those who were greeted in Heaven.
On the 27th of November, we will raise our glasses and toast LTC Michael McMahon, Jesse's former SCO ( Squadron Commanding Officer) who died in Afghanistan in 2004. I can't speak directly for my husband, but I feel that will always be the most important Thanksgiving meal my husband shared with his friend.

No comments: