Saturday, November 20, 2010

Names

Jesse is not a name talker. He waits until the day before the baby is born to discuss the name of our child. Last time he took me into a book store, picked out a name book, bought a coffee, and said, "It is time to talk names." Meanwhile, I sat my big butt on a very hard chair with my belly overflowing under the small table, listening to him go through very name in the book.

I am a name talker. I like to think about it for months, to make sure it gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I like to open the back door and yell the name out 5 times really loud...just to make sure I can yell it appropriately.

Since child #1, my good friend Kristy and I discuss every possible name option. With her living in Georgia, we spent most of our chatting time discussing different combinations and spelling options. Call us crazy, we find it quite fun. Our only downfall of our conversation is when presented to Jesse. He says no to the name before it even comes out of my mouth. Trust me, there isn't any frustration due to him not being in on every name conversation. He likes me to pick the finals and have them on paper. He's a visual guy.

We have our baby's name in mind (meaning Kristy and me) and I am certain that is what it will be. Just like I always knew I would have a Taylor, only for a girl. Aiden was supposed to be Brady. While in labor, Jesse changed his mind back to Aiden. I love the name Aiden even though it is so popular. I think he felt bad for the 10 pounder that I had to deliver. Gavin was supposed to be Ashton according to Jesse. When he wasn't born with a sweater tied around his neck, we went with the top of our list...Gavin. My MIL called him Gaden for the first few days of his life. Yes, Aiden and Gaden.

With our last child being a girl, the name can't be too girly otherwise the name Taylor would always look like a boy on paper. Jesse is set on the name Ada from the movie Cold Mountain and my MIL wants us to go with Selena. And you can tell how I feel about those names since I am sharing them with you......

2 comments:

Mom said...

You're so funny....who gave you that idea about yelling the name out the back door? Ummm????

Mom said...

You're so funny....lol. I wonder who gave you that idea about yelling the name out the back door...ummmm?