Blake awoke at 1:53am. I hit a few walls on the way to her room as I turned on the TV that I had Jesse set up for me in her nursery. Yes, I know...TV in her room already?! But it is the only thing that can keep me awake while I feed her~! The channel was set on Bravo and Andy Cohen came on to start his Watch What is Happening Live show. Of course it was pre-recorded, but I was going to enjoy just the same.....except when the first words out of his mouth were not about my Orange County Housewives. I heard the very unexpected-thought it was a BIG joke- OBL DEAD! I started to giggle thinking this must be Andy's punch line for a fight between Gretchen and Tamara. But no, this man was dead serious. No pun intended....
I quickly found the news channel while squinting really hard since the TV is tiny and I didn't have my goggles on. OBL Dead read Fox News. NO WAY! After years 10 years of life changing events, several lives lost of dear friends and strangers, 2 major deployments, and countless nights spent alone fearing the worst....this horrible devil has finally been caught.
I quickly gathered up Miss Blake and rushed into our bedroom trying to avoid running into walls with the baby's head. I yelled Jesse....Jesse....JESSE! He jumped up quick and looked frightened as I stood with the baby. All I could yell out was OBL is DEAD! He gave a look on his face that I will never forget and jumped for the TV remote. There was no questioning my statement nor were there several words exchanged between us. We sat and starred at the TV for over an hour in shock. It's crazy when the news relates so much to your life and the people closest to you. My poor husband longing to be back in the fight. I could just see him wishing he was there(there meaning deployed) and I felt his need to be there. Yes, crazy to explain, but trust me....it all makes sense.
Proud of the soldiers who accomplished their mission last night and all missions for the last 10 years. The word Proud is an understatement. And my thoughts go to George W. Bush and all those on 9/11. May we never forget.
*On the news today, he was referred as UBL or OBL. I will stick with OBL since I have started his name with O for 10 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment