Gavin has been in the hospital since Sunday. They are telling that it is just a virus....but my motherly feeling is full strong and not agreeing. He is constanly throwing up and has diarreha. I just came home for the first time in days and I am eating a meal and showering and heading back up to the hospital. My mom flew in on Monday night late and thank god for that because I had NO clue what I was going to do with Taylor and Aiden.
This started Friday with puke and diarreha.
Went to the ER on Sat..we were there 5 hours, gave him some nausea meds and send us on our way.
Sunday-He wasn't moving at all and could bearly open his eyes. I rushed him back to the ER and there we were for 8 hours hooked up to an IV with him not moving. Doc told me that white blood cell count very low. Admitted to hospital.
Monday-Can't get any answers about his count...they tell me it's fine?! He is purking up and the on call doc said we could go home late in the day. I was very uneasy about going but knew I had Taylor and Aiden at home, so I was very torn~
Get home on Monday and Gavin threw up for 10 minutes straight with diarreha coming out of his diaper. Rushed back to the hospital and readmitted.
We are now just waiting to see if the poor little guy gets some food down him and can get off the IV without throwing up or pooping it all out. He is very scared of everyone and wants me to hold him 24/7. I am praying this virus will make its way out, but a part of me is thinking that they aren't taking care of the problem. It's like they have stopped looking for something and it's day 5 and he is still just as bad. He has been on the IV for days and isn't peeing.
That is our update. I wish Jesse was here to help me and I feel so bad for him having to not be here for his baby. I am so thankful for my mom to rush here to help me with the kids as she was on a trip with Dad. It's been a scary, stressful few days and I just wish I could get some answers for him. So hopefully in the next few days he will start to come around otherwise they are in for it!
Please keep Gavin in your prayers. I will have Jesse post or try to get on here in a few days.
2 comments:
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. Listen to your instincts. You know Gavin best. Speak up on his behalf and fight for what he needs. We are praying for you guys.
OK, I just logged in to basically write what my sister already wrote. Mama knows best. If you feel you aren't getting the answers that help your son, demand them-- whatever the cost. We all back you and will help however we can.
Post a Comment