Sunday, July 20, 2008

We made it~!

We did it!! We started our drive at 4:30am CO time and ended in MN at 8:30pm. Mom and I both took turns driving and then dealing with the kids. The kids were wonderful! Taylor was in her glory with all the snacks, movies, toys, McDonald's a girl could ask for. Aiden was the king of the backseat as he was way back in the third role all alone. It was almost if he sat above everyone. He got a kick out of that. Gavin had a hard time with not being able to see the DVD player since his seat is still backwards and not being able to be held. (Spoiled from Grandma or Grandma Daddy as I now call her) The drive is always the worst for the last 3 hours. We ran into several patches of construction along the way and tons of hard rain at the end. I was very tired from driving through that and listening to all 3 scream for a few end hours! Finally, during the last hour, Mom and I were rocking out to "Rolling, Rolling, Rolling down the River!" Perfect ending to our long trip! The radio was right on!

Mom wanted to see the site of where our trailer fell off, so that was the hardest time for me to go back to that place...it hit trees and you could still see where it crashed. We also stopped in that town of Mission, SD for lunch and I felt so sick to be there again(we didn't have a good experience there, it's a town where people go to NOT be found) we ate pretty fast! Mom kept telling me that it was for my own good to go back to that site, but I think it was more for her to see the exact spot of our horrible day!!! Ha!
The tire was fine, the truck ran great, and Mom was so glad to be the beast on the road with the Expedition! She would let out a giggle every time she passed someone since she felt like she had so much power! Did I tell you that Mom and I are exhausted?! Ha!

No comments: