Last week, some of C Troop Ladies and I attended a event called Run for the Fallen. Each person that participated was given a name of a soldier who has died from Fort Carson. In their honor, we each walked a mile to show our support for the fallen soldier. This run started in California and will be ending in Washington DC. There are now 258 soldiers that have died from Ft. Carson over the course of this war and the event brought in 2, 000 people!! Way more than they were expecting. I am very happy about that.
It was a run full of emotions as many of the family members were there to support their soldier. It was hard to hold back the tears when you would see a family walking together with the loved one's picture on their shirt. But at the same time, it was very uplifted to see the kind of support that this military community generates for all of the soldiers. Our Major General of Ft. Carson and his wife were there. They lost one of their sons to this war. He stated, " I never thought I would actually be apart of this family that has been created of lost loved ones."
It was a run full of emotions as many of the family members were there to support their soldier. It was hard to hold back the tears when you would see a family walking together with the loved one's picture on their shirt. But at the same time, it was very uplifted to see the kind of support that this military community generates for all of the soldiers. Our Major General of Ft. Carson and his wife were there. They lost one of their sons to this war. He stated, " I never thought I would actually be apart of this family that has been created of lost loved ones." All the wives and I stand there in support with the understanding that we would never want to have it happen to our soldier and how we just feel for the families that go through such a horrible tragedy. I have to be honest and say that of course, is all of our biggest fears.
No comments:
Post a Comment