Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pleeeaaasse!


Taylor has taken to spending Saturdays with me.

She begs and begs for time together.
Major guilt I start to feel...
as her folding clothes with me is not enough.

I love being with my 7 year old.
I give her the majority of my time..
(as much as caring for the baby will allow and the boys' overwhelming-ness)
..as we go about our Saturday.

But I am finding she is not happy until we leave the house.
Just us two.
Sweet....

Yes...

Right?!

Until I figured out her motivation.
Not just does she want to spend time with me...
She wants me to BUY her something.

BUYING.
I am not a fan of "yes, please go ahead and pick out whatever you want..whenever you want it."
I was not raised that way.

We walked through Michaels as my daughter stopped at every isle
which all included something "horse".
I could see the light in her eyes as she asked me to buy her one of everything in the store.
My mouth said the word "no" more times than I could count.
(Plus, I was getting great ideas for Christmas.)
As much as I wanted to load the cart up with every wish her heart desired..
I knew *hoped* I was teaching her a better lesson.

I did allow her to pick a treat from the check-out isle.
So before your thoughts go to how mean I am...
She did walk away with Starburst.
And I was very pleased with how happy that made my daughter.
She grabbed my hand with her big toothy smile...
as we walked out of the store.
Just us two...




No comments: