May and June happen to be very busy times in the Army community. There are many change-overs in positions, families PCSing, and new friends to meet. I am thankful to not have a moving truck at my door this summer. Although, we are already in pre-talks about where we will move to next summer. It's been exactly a year since we took residence in this house. I really do enjoy Fort Drum. Great people, nice school, have felt at-home in this house and the kids have so many friends! What lacks, of course, is my medical care.
I went through about a month or so feeling pretty good. But my body has decided to go backwards on me. My pain level is back up high and I am currently back on my drugs. It's been a rough way to live once again. I know I am not as bad as I was 6 months ago, but I am not good either. I can get through a few days of craziness, but then my body will shut down on me. The only place I can find relief is in my bed. My body just craves non-movement and the ability to heal. But, it is very hard to give it what it craves. We are currently in a "holding pattern" with my care. I hesitate to jump into anything currently because we have so much coming up this summer. Jesse starts training up in a few weeks. He will be gone all of July, August & September. Plus, we are making the 22hr drive home to MN in August for 2 family weddings. His boss has allowed Jesse to fly out of the training area to make it to the weddings. But, he in turn had to give up Block Leave. Block Leave is when the whole post shuts down and soldiers are allowed to vacation with their families for 2 weeks. Well, that started today and I am finding sadness in my heart that we are the only ones left here. But, I know it will be nice to have him standing at the weddings with me this summer. I just miss all the family time that we would've had over the next 2 weeks. But such is Army life!
No comments:
Post a Comment