Thursday, February 24, 2011

36 Weeks

In perfect Army fashion, today I was told that my doctor would not be at the delivery of the baby. He is on a certain rotation and will be leaving me with a random resident that will be on-call during my delivery. Yeah, warm and fuzzy feeling...trust me. Actually, I am pretty lucky to have the same Doc for every appointment since there has been pregnancies when I saw someone different every time. As much as I missed Jesse being around for pregnancy, I sure enjoyed delivering at the Mayo Clinic.

Our hospital here is from the 1940's. The L&D floor looks more like a mental institution. Each room holds 4 Moms after delivery. The beds are set feet to feet. There is one bathroom located at the end of the hallway. There is no nursery. So when needed to use the restroom, one has to push her baby to the end of the hall, carrying all supplies necessary. There are 2 private rooms, but they are reserved for VIP. We all know Major Johnson's wife does not rank as VIP in the land of DC. They are in the process of building the new "Walter Reed" hospital here on post. It will be ready in August. I am very jealous of the Moms who will deliver in August. Plus, we all know I will be put in the same room with 3 other "first" time Moms. I will be losing my mind and probably walking around getting their babies to settle down for them. I pray to check out of the hospital exactly at 24 hours after delivery!

The baby showed signs of movement in the labor direction today, but nothing huge to start packing my bag for. The Doc wanted to go off my ultrasound due date instead of my original one and I spent the whole time asking for a prescription for heartburn and worrying about the size of this baby's head. Hello, Aiden flashbacks (and I am not talking about his hair this time!).

1 comment: