Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rat Race

I think I am on a show like the Amazing Race, but just don't know it. It must be one of those secret hidden shows and one of these days someone is going to jump out of the bushes with a big check screaming, "You won the race!".

No need to train for a marathon around here. This morning, I conquered....well nothing! I have been making it to the bus stop on time for Taylor's camp since I skip the shower in the am, walk to the bus stop in my workout clothes...to gain the motivation for my 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Well, this am Aiden was scheduled for a doctors appointment. He came down with the flu over his birthday if you recall and a bump on his lip has been there ever since. I have spent several wasted minutes of my life obtaining referrals, scheduling and canceling this appointment....so I tasked Jesse with the next call back since at the time, I was out the door with the 3 and he was left with a sleeping baby. Good call....right?

He left me a sheet with the scheduled appointment written down on it. Mon. Aug 2nd, it read. Great, I thought. That's when Aiden's dental appointment is. I will reschedule his dental and get the lip done. I approached Jesse later that evening after I canceled his dental appointment with sheet in hand asking why he had Monday down for a day that is a Tuesday. He responded with..oh I have no idea. Okay, off to the doctors office we headed this morning.

Yes, we live less than 5 minutes from our doctor here on post. But in order to find a parking space, I have to leave the house 45 min. ahead of time. The parking lot is HORRIBLE....overflow of people...not near enough spaces. After hunting down a woman walking awfully slow...talking on her cell phone, I was able to snag her spot. Got the baby set in the front carrier and the boys holding each hand. Gavin happened to step on the back of my flip-flop as I was bringing my foot forward and pop! My flip-flop was toast. I curled my big toe around what was left of the strap and hobbled into our 1930's establishment.

Made it up to the 5th floor and started the check-in after every soldier gave me a funny look...like a broken flip-flop was the worst thing they have ever seen... as I flopped down the long hallway. Handed the lady my ID and I could tell by the look on her face that we didn't have an appointment. I handed her the markings my husband left on the appointment sheet and she responded with, "My dear, sorry to tell you after you dragged everyone here, but your appointment is Mon., AUG. 22nd. "

I love you Jesse!

No comments: