Let's just say that I am thankful we didn't experience the "eye" of the storm and glad Jesse was around to chase all of our outdoor furniture. If I was here alone, I would have just let the neighbors enjoy all their new toys from our yard=)
Monday, August 29, 2011
Must Be Us.....
Massive Snow Storm, Earthquake, Hurricane Irene.....just some of the crazy elements of weather we have endured during our time here in DC. We spent all of Saturday hanging out around this house....watching the clouds swirl and the rain fall faster and faster as the day went on. The wind started picking up speed around 3pm. Jesse had to make a mad rush for the door when we saw the trampoline.. which was tied down with big bricks...make its way over the fence! I am most impressed with Charlie, who had to brave the elements and nearly be knocked over just to use the bathroom! Come 9pm, I was feeling a bit nervous as I saw tree branches flying through the air and wondering what will happen while we sleep. We lost power several times during the night. Jesse had to go outside a few times to check on things, but we awoke to sunshine and peace yesterday morning. I feel horrible for the person in our neighborhood who had a massive tree fall on their Lexus and for the maintenance workers who had to spend the whole weekend in the community center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Enough already with you guys out East...a hurricane AND earthquake all in one week???? What next?
Post a Comment